- 2 cups flour (refined/plain)
- Baking Powder
- Butter (melted)
This recipe makes: 8 servings
- Add 2 cups of flour (maida) in a mixing bowl.
- To this add, 2 tablespoons sugar, half tablespoon baking soda, 1 tablespoon baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Mix these ingredients by FABIANO 3 Jar mixer grnder .
- Now add 2 tablespoons of melted butter and 1 cup of milk. Mix this mixture, preferably using a whisk.
- Add another half cup of milk, to make the batter more consistent.
- Take a non-stick pan, heat it and grease it with butter.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter onto the pan. Don’t spread this.
- Simmer and cook for 2 minutes or wait for bubbles to appear on the surface.
- Flip over the pancake.
- Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until it gets cooked through.
- Now the pancake is ready to be served. Serve it with maple syrup and butter.
You can also get much more creative with the toppings;
- Raw sugar and lemon juice can be combined as a topping, to create a great contrast of sweetness and tartness!
- Chocolate, fruit and coconut syrups.
- Caramel sauce
- Nutella and strawberry halves
- Chocolate chips
- Dried Fruits
When it comes to pancakes, the scope for creativity is cosmic. Here are a few innovations that can be made to the basic recipe above;
- A handful of berries, nuts or chocolate chips can be added to the batter.
- The flour (maida) can be replaced with whole wheat flour, as a healthy alternative.
- You can add lemon zest or spices such as, cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice.
- Add a few spoons of oats, flax seeds, or reduce the sugar.